Wednesday, April 6, 2016

New Niche Sites and Nixxing

My popular gray hair hubs moved to the niche site

In The Niche Or Not?


By now, the Hubpages program to divide up into niche sites is well underway. Of those launched, only a few of my pages qualified for one, The Bellatory beauty and fashion niche.

So far, the Bellatory, TatRing, The PetHelpful,and Delishably are the ones launched up to this point.

There has been much discussion within the forums about how successfully it is working out for individuals, high hopes, and speculation as to what will happen with the pages left on the "mother site".

Nixxing hopes are those who advise moving articles to your own sites.

I have followed suit with moving those which either fit in well with my present websites, or those which are not making any progress on Hubpages, the unfeatured pages.


My Niche Experience

The ad income went up, although not to previous "google-slap" levels. This has been offset by the stringent new rules on whether the article may have even one Amazon capsule or not, and editing by HP staff.

My Amazon income has plummeted from the changes at HP.

The stats show reduced traffic for those articles placed at "Bellatory", which I believe is due to loss of some Pinterest traffic, and possibly the newness of the domain.

I personally have never liked the front pages and lack of access that HP designs have in general ( including the new niche sites).

Moving Articles

  • It can be a chore to move Hubpage articles to your own blog. 
  • They must be reformatted.
  • Often they have been "jimmied with over time and will need editing. 
  • I have to change all the Amazon listings, deleting the ebay ones.
  • Import the images.
  • Rearrange the sequence of the content.
Those are just the basic chores involved. I also have to wait between deletion from the Hubpages site and publishing on my own to prevent duplication issues. I have no idea how site scraping problems will impact my articles, either.

My Strategy


Wait and see sums up most of it, but I am working on the present articles to get them featured or moving them offsite.

To get unfeatured turned into featured status means stripping out most if not all links. This means a large incentive I personally had for being on Squidoo  or Hubpages at all is gone. And additionally almost all the Amazon capsules must go. For me, eBay has been inefficient and has been deleted from almost all my work there.

This does means less income.

I am not writing new articles, although at first I created a couple to see how to work within the new restrictions. 

I am returning to working on my own blogs. I will write updates this year on how the moved articles fare on my sites. Hopefully I will have better reports on the Hubpage niche sites going forward, but I am not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, but show no mercy to spam!