Wednesday, February 3, 2016

How Long? And Changes Continue


 How long will Hubpages continue to be viable? I didn't seriously question the future of the site up to this time, although I knew they were struggling.

The latest changes are now sources of doubt. If you are a member of the writing community there, you will understand, if you don't already, that Hubpages as a whole is breaking up into subsites. It reminds me of the "magazine" efforts at Squidoo before the final end of the site.

That isn't to say I think this will cause the final gasp of Hubpages... it might save it. The owners/staff believe it will. I have no idea how I will fare in this particular remodeling of the site structure. It is surely meant, and will do, to eliminate the hubs which are un-featured and considered under par. It will enforce cooperation with the new writing rules, which are difficult to ensure in the main body of writers, especially among the former Squidoo writers.

 The new subsites are compiled in topic and interest. this is a good thing, I'm sure of that.

If Hubpages changes the format of the front page to showcase more of the content, that will be a big improvement all by itself.

 I am waiting to see if my single article in the "tattoo" sector will make the cut. This hub which deals with tattoos in a somewhat unique way is featured, but not highly rated in their system.

The next one they will issue is for pet subjects, and I have nothing under that heading. It does pose a potential problem for future earnings there, since ad income will shift to the new sites and the unfeatured leftovers at Hubpages probably won't make very much.

 From this vantage point, it looks like I will be making room for more of my pages on my own sites than I had anticipated.

 This year will definitely call for new strategies on both the writing and the consideration of income. I have yet to make a business of this. (Which had been my focus for the last few years).

It could jump start me in an entirely new direction, of the many possibilities I am looking at right now.

 Remaining Hopeful,
                    Ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, but show no mercy to spam!