Saturday, February 6, 2016

After A Long Hiatus, New Hubs

Hungarian Embroidery


I took an enforced, very long, hiatus on Hubpages in the past year. With all their changes, the many, many articles that slipped into un-featured status, along with numerous ones that had been actually in violation, I had my work cut out for me.

It had gotten to the place where I didn't feel I could confidently write there.

I had no idea what the standards were. I stopped writing, worked and reworked pages just trying to get them "featured" (acceptable and searchable on the site).

The New "HubPro" Edits


Then I ran into trouble with their new fangled "editing". That made me angry, as someone jimmied with my most popular and lucrative (in terms of Amazon sales) Hub. Well, she (unknown editor) fixed my wagon... as soon as I returned the page to pre-edited state she unfeatured it- permanently.

I ended up writing my own edits and updates (I was appalled at what had happened to it as I tried to "please" the powers that be on Hubpages). Rewrote substantial parts because I couldn't let it stay in the horrible shape it had deteriorated into, caused I suppose with all the "updating". This consists of moving modules out of sequence and there were unknown changes that were out of character for me.

It almost seemed like someone rewrote inside the content, someone with a poor grasp of the English language. But then I thought that I was being paranoid, and that somehow there was another explanation for the poor writing.

Even though it was a piece I had worked on quite a bit over a long period of time ( that tends to "work out" the typos and mistakes).

All that, along with the determination to try to understand their criteria, brought a complete cessation to new writing.

I spent huge amounts of time reading their tips and advice in their blog and on the forums (mostly the forums). I remained very uncertain about what was finally acceptable.

Until now.

I felt I could write and get featured so I tentatively wrote one hub on Hungarian Embroidery, generally, and another focusing on the region of Kalocsa. But until the site changes are in place, again I must try to work on my own sites and move articles off of Hubpages.

Here are my two new Hubs:

The New Hubs
The good news is those two hubs were well received and featured. So far. I feel good about them as articles.


Pass the nuts, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, but show no mercy to spam!